Men’s ministry – leader, Sammy kemei
Our goal is to build men of integrity, intimacy, identity, and influence by encouraging men to take the next step in walking with Christ, and reproducing their walk in the lives of others.
The Men’s Ministry is designed to restore and maintain balance and focus in the lives of men. Special events and outings create opportunities for personal enrichment and fellowship. Mentoring programs for young men and teenagers is part of the vision for the next church leaders in our midst.
1Chronicles 12:8 says, “Some Gadites joined David at the stronghold in the wilderness, mighty men of valor, men trained for battle, who could handle shield and spear, whose faces were like the faces of lions, and were as swift as gazelles on the mountains.” These men were not afraid of the enemy’s strongholds and were trained for battle.
1 Chronicles 12:21-25 says, “And they helped David against the bands of raiders, for they were all mighty men of valor, and they were captains in the army. For at that time they came to David day by day to help him, until it was a great army, like the army of God. Now these were the numbers of the divisions that were equipped for war, and came to David at Hebron to turn over the kingdom of Saul to him, according to the word of the LORD: of the sons of Judah bearing shield and spear, six thousand eight hundred armed for war; of the sons of Simeon, mighty men of valor fit for war, seven thousand one hundred;”
1. Why Have a Men’s Ministry?
• All Men want their lives to be productive, to have real meaning and purpose
• Men represent a tremendous, greatly untapped resource to assist in changing
and influencing our world for Christ
• The needs of our world are great
2. What do Men need?
• Understanding. They want a church that helps them truly understand the
Bible. They want a church that seeks to understand them.
• Meaningful Relationships. Most men feel lonely, isolated and disconnected.
They would appreciate a church that brings them in contact with like-minded
peers in a non-threatening setting.
• Instruction for their kids. Millions of men want their kids to have positive
Christian learning experiences.
• Solutions to life’s challenges. Men want the church to provide practical,
tangible solutions to the difficult problems they face daily. They want to know
spiritual principles that make life “work.” The church must answer the questions
that men are asking.
• Knowing Christ. Many unchurched men have given up on organized religion
but not on God. They want to know God but don’t know how.
3. What are the Benefits of Men’s Ministry ?
• Reaches unreached men
• Develops leaders
• Involves men in serving the Lord, Local Church & Community
• Helps men grow in Christ
• Develops mentors
• Strengthens families